Affiliation & Curriculum (Academics) Chandrakant Patil English Medium School is affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education -830059, (CBSE, NCERT) from Class 1 to Class X. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), established in 1929 enjoys today the distinction of being one of the oldest and largest boards of Secondary Education in India. It has about 15000 affiliated schools in India as well as 24 other countries of the world. The CBSE envisions a robust, vibrant and holistic school education that will engender excellence in every sphere of human endeavor. The Board is committed to provide quality education to promote intellectual, social and cultural vivacity among its learners. It works towards evolving a learning process and environment which empowers students to become future global leaders in the emerging knowledge society. The Board advocates Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation with an emphasis on holistic development of learners and commits itself to provide a stress-free learning environment that will develop competent, confident and enterprising citizens. CBSE board closely follows the guidelines of the National Curriculum Framework and puts emphasis on the Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation system (CCE). For this reason, it is becoming the curriculum of choice all across India. Major Contents of Each Curriculum Learning Area in Secondary Classes
- Languages include English, Hindi, Kannada and focuses on listening, speaking, reading and writing skills, along with developing effective communicating proficiencies.
- Humanities (Geography, History, Economics, Civcs and Political Science) include the learning of history and culture, geographical environment, global institutions, constitutional values and norms, politics, economy, interpersonal and societal interactions, civic responsibilities, and the incorporation of the above-mentioned learning into one’s life.
- Performing and Visual Arts (Dance, Drama, Music, Drawing, Painting and Crafts) include the instruction in these arts, aiming to help learners cultivate interest and appreciation for arts and encourage them to enthusiastically participate in related activities, thus promoting abilities such as imagination, creativity, understanding of value and the importance of cultural heritage.
- Science and Technology (Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Computer Sciences) include gaining knowledge about matter and energy, nature, the environment, technology, breakthroughs in science. It will focus on knowledge and skills to develop the scientific attitude, use and application of such knowledge and skills to improve the quality of life and further use this learning to analyze, evaluate, synthesize, create, invent and discover.
- Mathematics includes acquiring the concepts related to number sense, operation sense, computation, measurement, geometry, probability and statistics, the skill to calculate and organize, and the ability to apply this knowledge and acquired skills in daily life. It also includes an understanding of the principles of reasoning and problem solving.
- Health and Physical Education focus on the learning about holistic mental and physical development, and understanding the importance of physical fitness, health, well-being and the factors that contribute to them. The focus of this curriculum is to help the learners develop a positive attitude and commitment to healthy, active living and the capacity to live satisfying, productive lives with the help of proper health management, sports, fitness and lifestyle choices. These six learning areas are to be integrated with each other in terms of knowledge, skills (life and livelihood), comprehension, values and attitudes. Learners will get opportunities to connect between different areas of knowledge and application. They will be encouraged to cognize and appreciate the inter contentedness of all knowledge and the enduring connection between knowledge and values. Their education will help them to connect the content of their learning areas and subjects with their own lives and the world around them. The holistic nature of human learning and knowledge will be brought forth throughout.Lesson/Unit PlansLesson plans for the topics will be prepared by the teachers within their faculty. This will be supported by the School Curriculum Plan (Syllabus). Some important components of this plan:
- Specific learning outcomes
- Unit/topic learning contexts
- Pedagogical strategies
- The Flow of the lesson / unit (including activities/experiments/hands-on-learning)
- Formative assessment tasks
- Remedial teaching plan Interdisciplinary Linkages
- Infusion of Core (Life-skills, Values, etc.)
- Resources (including ICT).
CCE helps in improving student’s performance by identifying his/her learning difficulties at regular time intervals right from the beginning of the academic session and employing suitable remedial measures for enhancing his/her learning performance. The scheme of continuous and comprehensive evaluation has inbuilt flexibility for schools to plan their own academic schedules as per specified guidelines on CCE which may change or revised year to year. Check CBSE website for details. The following curriculums offer by the CPEMS from LKG to X: Kindergarten Level: In order to develop the child’s basic motor skills the following subjects are being taught at this level,
- Basic English, Numbers, Cursive Writing, EVS, Rhymes, Story Telling, Music, Dance, Coloring, PT, Basics of computer and one language (Hindi / Kannada)
Class – I to II:
- English, Maths, EVS and one language (Hindi/Kannada)
Class – III to V:
- English, Maths, Science, Social Science and one language (Hindi/Kannada)
Class – VI to VIII:
- English, Maths, Science, Social includes (History, Civics & Geagraphy), and two languages i.e. Hindi and Kannada. The student will have the option to choose either any one language as second and other as third language or vise versa.
Class IX to X:
- English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies including (History, Civics, Geography, Economics & Political Science) and two languages i.e. Hindi and Kannada. The student will have the option to choose either any one language as second and other as third language or vise versa.